I recently visited the body worlds convention here in Johannesburg. It was an incredible experience, one I would definitely want to do again.
Unfortunately you aren't allowed to take any pictures which makes perfect sense. Trust me when I say, no pictures could could do that amazing
work art any justice.
As we walked through the expo I found the section on growing old the most fascinating of all. I believe we live in times that are stressful and unpredictable. It's due to this reason that the health and fitness industry is growing so fast. People recognize that in order to live long there are certain “steps” we have to take in order to pro long our lives for as long as we can – longevity.
What was even more incredible was the advice given. The keys to living a healthy, long life are so simple – why are they so difficult to implement?
They did a study of the countries around the world with the highest number of centenarians (people over the age of 100) and the advice they have to share about getting old, the proverbial “fountain of youth”
(I share with you while I am sitting in bed instead of at the gym)
- Live simply and “don't stress the small stuff”
- Exercise – at least 2-3 times a week. Even if its just a brisk walk when you get home from work. Besides the dog needs a walk.
- Eat until you are 80% full – whatever this means? Simply put, don't over eat
- Surround yourself with people who inspire you and make you happy
- Drink a glass of red wine (definitely my favorite)
I know it seems quite difficult to implement, but is it really?